The House of Flowers

Hello and welcome in 2019! I hope you had a great time celebrating Christmas and New Year. I know I did! I only wish the break was a little bit longer to get some rest after all this eating a celebrating.

Anyways, today I wanted to share with you a new TV series that I discovered during Christmas break and the series is called The House of Flowers (in Spanish: La Casa de las Flores). 


It's a Mexican comedy-drama series created by Manolo Caro, starring Verónica Castro, Cecilia Suárez, Aislinn Derbez, Darío Yazbek Bernal with Paco León, Juan Pablo Medina, Arturo Ríos and Luis de la Rosa. 

The series is about a dysfunctional Mexican upper-class family that owns a flower show. The head of the family, Virgina de la Mora does whatever she can to protect her family image: from hiding a body of a dead woman to forgiving her husband years of cheating and frauds. 


The series creator is not afraid to talk about issues such as LGBT, bisexuality, transgender people, affairs, scandals, etc. All of those matters are shown in a funny and a bit dramatic way, which makes the series such a great thing to watch. The characters are very well written and actors make such a great job portraying them. Also the soundtrack is great and some of the song are really catchy. 

If you like watching some family drama filled with Mexican references I totally recommend you this series! 

Sa-lú-da-me al Ca-cas! 😅😅 (watch the series and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Comments